Tappeti Fine Hand-crafted Rugs + Carpets are a leading custom rug supplier to the interior specifier market. The Tappeti design team creates large and small scale commercial projects and one-off residential pieces. Recent projects include custom designs for organisations and sites including; Twitter, Domain and Barangaroo.
As a boutique business this full-time role has a lot of variety and requires a person who loves multi tasking and has the ability to prioritise and manage a consistent and varied workload. Working Monday to Friday this position has lots of variety designing and documenting custom rugs for commercial, hospitality and retail projects.
- Create and document designs using illustrator
- Identify design trends and ideas to present as new collections
- Hands on involvement with the client and the design process
- Styling and conceptual development of new collections
- Execute website updates
- Maintain digital library of new and existing designs
- General design studio tasks
- Execute social media for the company
Skills and experience
- Formal qualifications in Textile or Graphic Design.
- Exceptional ADVANCED skills in Adobe Illustrator
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop and Indesign preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Sound ability to follow design direction
- Interest in Interior Design and/or Textile Design
- Ability to work in a small team
- Self-initiator and ability to work independently
- Current Drivers Licence