What: UNSW Art & Design ANNUAL 17 Design Competition
Deadline: Midnight Monday 16 October 2017
Any UNSW Art & Design student or groups of 2-4 UNSW Art & Design students, who are interested in designing the UNSW Art & Design ANNUAL 17 branding, run through the UNSW A&D Marketing and Communications team.
Graduating students are strongly encouraged to submit entries.
The selected design will be adopted for use in all UNSW A&D ANNUAL 17 Promotional Materials including:
ANNUAL 17 Website
Exhibition Posters and Banners
Develop an identity for the UNSW A&D ANNUAL 17 Exhibition. This will be realised through the creation of a letter ‘A’ logo that will function as the key visual feature of the exhibition’s branding. The logo will need to be adaptable for use online and in print, and may need to be altered by marketing and communications staff for these purposes.
The UNSW A&D ANNUAL 17 is the largest student exhibition event of the year. It represents students from across all UNSW A&D disciplines including painting, drawing, sculpture, environments and spatial design, graphic design, jewellery, object design, textiles, photomedia, print media, digital media, screen and sound, textiles and cross-media. The design should not favour one discipline over another.
The visual outcome should be distinctly different from other years’ Annual branding. Past Annual websites can be seen here.
Submissions can be created in two, three or four colours but should also have a black and white version of the design.
Elements to be submitted
The creation of a logo based on the letter ‘A’.
A strong design concept which is submitted in a written statement (max 300 words).
Format for submissions
Electronic samples of the design outcomes in both colour and black and white
A written conceptual statement (max 300 words)
- The conceptual statement and the design outcomes should be submitted in separate PDF files
Name, student number, class and contact details of student or students involved.
- Electronic versions of the design outcomes and a conceptual statement will be submitted to A&D Marketing and Communications (located in F block, room 124 at the Paddington Campus) on or before Monday 16 October, 2017, either in person or via email using the subject line ANNUAL 17 competition submission.
- Winning students will need to make themselves available should the logo need to be edited or altered for specific uses.
- The selection committee will include Prof. Ross Harley, Dean, and Prof. Vaughan Rees, Assoc. Dean (International & Engagement), Felicity Fenner (Director of UNSW Galleries), Becky Green, Lecturer & Graphic Designer, Carly Vickers, Associate Lecturer & multidisciplinary designer, Kieran Butler (Arc @ Art & Design) and representatives from the Marketing and Communications team.
The Marketing and Communications team will contact the student or group of students who were responsible for the selected design.
- The winning design will need to be supplied as working files in Illustrator or InDesign.
The winning design will receive a prize of $1,000.