- When 25 Aug - 3 Nov 2015
Ground floor, Building E10, UNSW Kensington
12-2pm and 6-8pm
Tuesdays at UNSW's Michael Crouch Innovation Centre this semester are all about design thinking for innovation. The Design-Led Tuesdays program runs for 10 weeks across Semester 2, 2015, with lunchtime and evening events.
For more information, contact Selena Griffith, Senior Lecturer, UNSW Art & Design and curator of the Design-Led Tuesday program.
12 to 2pm: Design for Innovation
Tuesday 'brown bag' lunchtime workshops are for UNSW students and staff who want to learn and collaborate by 'design doing' and design tools for innovation.
The workshops will be very hands on - lots of 'design doing'!
Places are limited to 30 people each week, so booking is essential:
- 25 AUG: What is Design Thinking? - The design cycle and how it can help you innovate
- 01 SEP: What is Innovation? - Iterative to disruptive approaches to making change
- 08 SEP: Identifying opportunities for Innovation - Futuring, forecasting, foraging, feeling
- 15 SEP: Idea Generation - Discovery, Drawing, Brainstorming
- 22 SEP: Design Research Methods - Placing your users at the centre of your work
- 06 OCT: Collaboration - Working with, Co Design, Social Design, Gap Analysis
- 13 OCT: Prototyping and Testing - Iterating and refining your way to innovation
- 20 OCT: Service and Experience Design
- 27 OCT: Designed Communication - Developing documentation, presentation and messaging to promote your ideas
- 03 NOV: Design for Entrepreneurship - Designing business models to find friends and funding
6 to 8pm: Design-Led Innovation
A series of 10 industry panel discussions exploring the roles design plays in innovation activities, from startups to multi-nationionals.
As events become available for registration they'll be hyperlinked in the lists below.
Places are limited to 60 people each week, so booking is essential:
- 25 AUG: Design Leadership - What is a design leader and how can they drive innovation
- 01 SEP: Design Thinking - What is Design Thinking and how can it help me innovate?
- 08 SEP: Deign Centred Business - The benefits of having design at your centre?
- 15 SEP: Design for Advantage - How investment in design brings innovation and strategic competitive advantage
- 22 SEP: Design with Social Impact - Designing change with and for communities
- 06 OCT: Innovating the intangible - Creating unique services and experiences
- 13 OCT: Design Research - Developing deep insights for innovating through design research
- 20 OCT: Prototyping and Testing - Why learning from failing fast and failing often is key to innovating.
- 27 OCT: Designing for Change - Design as a catalyst for cultural change
- 03 NOV: Fad, Fashion or Future-proof - Is Design Innovation the new black?