Remix Sydney Summit 2017 - Culture, Technology & Entrepreneurship
7 Dec, 8am
- When 7 Dec - 8 Dec 2017
15 Broadway Ultimo Sydney, NSW 2007 Australia
8am - 6pm
(02) 9514 2000
Now in its fourth year in Sydney the program for the 2017 edition of the groundbreaking REMIX Summits series has been announced and UNSW Art & Design is once again a partner
This annual event exploring the frontiers of culture, technology and entrepreneurship brings together pioneers from different industries to examine and celebrate the future of culture, creative cities and the creative economy.
Among numerous other thought leaders Marian Goodell, CEO of Burning Man event in the US joins 100+ global creative visionaries at the 2017 edition of REMIX Sydney. REMIX Sydney is Asia Pacific's leading creative industries summit, attended by nearly 2,000 delegates over 2-days last year.
Other keynotes this year include; Kylie Watson-Wheeler, MD, Disney Australia and participants will get to hear from organisations as diverse as Airbnb, NASA, Womadelaide, Lonely Planet, Adobe, Samsung the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre in London.
REMIX is held in partnership with organisations including Google, Bloomberg, VICE, ABC, UNSW Art & Design and Time Out and summit receptions take place at the QT hotel and MAAS Powerhouse Museum.
Further speakers include:
• Marian Goodell - CEO, BURNING MAN FESTIVAL (USA)
• Dan Goods - Visual Strategist, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory - USA
• Daniel Houghton - Global CEO, LONELY PLANET - (USA)
• Katy Clark - President, BAM (BROOKLYN ACADEMY OF MUSIC)
• Sarah Ellis - Director of Digital Development, RSC (ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY) (UK)
• Kylie Watson-Wheeler - Senior Vice President & Managing Director, DISNEY AUSTRALIA
• Toby Coffey - Head of Digital Development, NATIONAL THEATRE (UK) & IMMERSIVE STORY TELLING STUDIO
• BEATIE WOLFE (UK) - Musician & Technologist - described as "Ingenious" (Fast Company), "Ground-breaking" (BBC) and "Extraordinary" (Forbes)
• Deborah Shaw - Head of Creative Programming, HISTORIC ROYAL PALACES (INC. TOWER OF LONDON, KENSINGTON PALACE & HAMPTON COURT PALACE) (UK)
• Diego Radivoy - Director of Creative, Industries, CITY OF BUENOS AIRIES (ARGENTINA)
• Lynley Marshall - CEO, MUSEUMS VICTORIA
• Sam McDonagh - Country Manager, AIRBNB
• Ian Scobie - Director, WOMADELAIDE
• Dan Rosen - CEO, ARIA
• Ian McClelland - MD, THE GUARDIAN
• Kate Torney - Director, STATE LIBRARY VICTORIA
• Christina Erskine - Acting CMO, SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
More information can be found at http://www.remixsummits.com/syd/ and save up to $200 with the early bird ticket offer before 26th October. There is also a special student and academic discount saving 60% off full-price tickets priced at $295 plus GST.